Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kick back and soak them barking dogs



No time for a soak pedi - take control of your time and relax all at the same time while  you enjoy a soaking.  The feet do more to the body than just enable us to walk they are nerve endings which connect with vital body parts and when the feet  are aching we feel tired and worn. One way  to relief such aches is to get a soaking pedi, or purchase a foot soaker with with heat both do cost a small steak dinner for a family of 4  and in todays economic situation some of us can not afford or if you can you might not have time to allocate.  I found it easy to just take 10 mins and soak my barking dogs sort of speak  in a bath  poured into a plastic container   bought at the dollar store. Hot tap water filled to a level where it does not spill out when I insert my two feet., so  far pretty easy now  here comes the fun part - I found some  smooth rounded rocks in the yard - palm size which fit nicely under my feet - wrapped in wet towels I heated them up in the conventional oven  350 degrees  for approx, 45 mins use oven mitt to remove from oven and place on a cookie sheet still wrapped in the towel. Add to bath water  3 to 4 drops of each  rose, basil, chamomile , and lavender oil  add 2 to 3 tablespoons of witch hazel  move water  around then soak my feet - once relaxed - using  a oven  mitt to pick up  the stones still wrapped in the towels and gentling drop them  into the water  place the stones in the bottom of the pan and watch the steam now  touching ever so lightly to insure I do not burn my feet I begin to roll the bottom arches  around the stone and in turn this massages and relaxes, when the stone start to cools further I remove the towel to really dig the base of the foot around the stones. The wet heat opens the muscles after 10 mins  of this very cheap soaking pedi I'm ready to to dry  my feet, lotion them up and insert my clean relaxed feet in  walk about socks.

In my past when I had and get  shoulder pain I also wrap a stone in a wet towel and  heated I use an oven mitt to hold the stone still wrapped in the mini towel I massage the area. The wet heat  losses the muscle and relaxes it enough to get some relief ,   rest comfy without moving  for a min of 30 mins,  the non- movement helps the muscle retain itself.

These methods do not replace the need to visit a doctor if you have had muscle pain and redness with tenderness   - they are just simple reliefs to do at home when you are busy and want to relax in the comfort of your own home.

Natural Jianwen stone massage shoes utilize various sized, smooth, rounded stones strategically positioned on each sole to stimulate 60+ acupuncture points on both feet as believed in traditional Chinese medicine to improve foot health and relax the body. Give them a try - all you have to lose is your stress! web page: where to buy them



The added bonus is the aroma therapy  due to the scented oils added to the the water and with the steam the oils expand and the scents are so relaxing. I usually have   my  reading book at hand just to mentally escape and fly on the wings of fantasy.  Ahhhh yes Soaking pedi taking me a way LOL.

NOTE: any and all utensils  used with the oils and witch hazel are never to be used for human consumption  nor to handle foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment